If you want to travel or if your profession frequently sends you abroad, you undoubtedly have a good understanding of diverse cultures, cuisines, and maybe even a few foreign languages.
A journey may not always go as planned, despite all of the planning and safeguards. For this reason, you must always have access to a health insurance plan that will provide you with sufficient coverage while you are abroad. Have you considered how you might be able to deal with the costs of having medical treatment abroad?
What does international health insurance coverage mean?
International health insurance coverage provides coverage for whatever medical care you decide to receive overseas. As a result, the global cover will pay for your medical expenses if you receive a diagnosis of a disease, ailment, or condition in India but choose to receive treatment and healthcare services abroad. With the help of worldwide health insurance coverage, you can access high-quality medical services in other nations without worrying about incurring hefty costs.
The following is a list of what a typical health insurance plan with global coverage should include:
A global health insurance policy should provide adequate coverage so that you don’t have to sacrifice access to high-quality or even private medical care or hospitalisation when travelling. Therefore, take into account a reasonable online health insurance strategy that provides adequate protection.
- Pre-existing disease coverage – If you’ve ever had diabetes, a heart ailment, or any chronic sickness, make sure your global health insurance can protect you against the high costs of receiving emergency care abroad if the need ever arises. *
- Medical evacuation coverage – Depending on the currency exchange rates, travelling by ambulance or rescue helicopter in the event of a severe accident can be rather expensive when you are abroad. As a result, these expenses need to be covered by your best health insurance policy global cover. *
- Repatriation or Evacuation: The cost of travelling to and from India for a series of medical treatments might be just as high as the cost of the actual medical care. But if your worldwide online health insurance covers these expenses, the required travel between the two nations may be reimbursed by the policy. *
- Emergency room fees – Subject to some limits, a global health insurance plan should be comprehensive enough to cover a variety of medical circumstances. The price of medical emergency care should, however, be covered by your coverage in the event of an unexpected emergency while you are travelling overseas. *
- OPD fees – You might occasionally sustain an unintentional, small injury while travelling overseas for a brief vacation or business trip. Hospitalisation might not be required in this situation. However, even a minor surgery or the visiting fees in a foreign hospital might be expensive. Consequently, your insurance should be able to pay for that. *
- Diagnostics – Performing diagnostic tests to obtain a second opinion or for other medical reasons might get very expensive. You should be aware that these tests may come at an unexpectedly high price if you are receiving care in a nation with cutting-edge medical technology. Check to see if the cost of these tests is covered by your general health insurance.
- Other medical needs – The global coverage option you select for your health insurance policy should include provisions for maternity benefits, dental benefits, and even access to mental healthcare services. Be sure to consider these factors and thoroughly examine the coverage when deciding on a worldwide health insurance plan.
The Worldwide Cover add-on in your international health insurance guarantees that, in addition to being able to utilise healthcare facilities within India, you can also choose to have medical treatment in another nation if necessary.
Make a health insurance policy comparison and choose the best.
* Standard T&C Apply
** Currently, there are 2 tax regimes in India – new and old. To get the tax benefit you desire, choose the correct one after consulting an expert. You can opt for a regime change during the next financial year.
# Visit the official website of IRDAI for further details.
## All savings are provided by the insurer as per the IRDAI-approved insurance plan. Standard T&C apply
Insurance is the subject matter of solicitation. For more details on benefits, exclusions, limitations, terms, and conditions, please read the sales brochure/policy wording carefully before concluding a sale.